Driving Sustainability for Our Future
ABOUT VERSALINK / SUSTAINABILITY
PEFCTM CHAIN OF CUSTODY POLICY
Jemaramas Jaya. Sdn. Bhd. (227317-M) , (JJ) has been involved in the manufacturing of furniture since the year 1979. The management is aiming for forest sustainability, in order to acheive this; the management of JJ is applying the PEFC requirement and committed to :
- Assure the integrity and validity of the PEFC COC system and its certified products.
- Avoid purchase and sales of the timber products from the controversial source.
- Sustain the forest resources through the implementation and maintenance of PEFC system practices.
- Provide employment opportunities and given the job to local people living within the vacinity of the plant.
- Provide equal opportunities to all and avoid discrimination of gender, job treatment, forced labor and child labor.
- Maintain and reserved the right of the workers according to the Convention 87 & 98 of the International Labor Organization (ILO)
- Create the awareness among the employees who perform activities related to PEFC and provide adequate training to ensure the compliance with the PEFC COC requirement.
- Utilize the PEFC logo according to the requirement of MTCS/PEFC as specified in the document of MTCC/PEFC logo.
SAFETY AND HEALTH POLICY
Jemaramas Jaya Sdn Bhd (227317-M), (JJ) an established furniture manufacturer and trader located at Jalan Haji Salleh, Off Jalan Meru, Klang Selangor has more than 30 years of experiences in the industry. In order to further enhance the safety practices within the company, as well as to be a responsible employer, the top management of JJ is commited to provide a safe and healthy working environment for their employees and those whose work are under the control of JJ:
The organization is commited:
- To provide a safe and healthy working environment for all the workers.
- To enhance the safety and health awareness among the workers/contractors towards safety practices within the factory
- To avoid unintended incidents/accidents and meeting the applicable safety and health regulations.
- To comply with the local safety and health regulations
The employees/sub-contractors shall upheld the organization safety and health practices and to provide a safe and healthy working environment for all employees.